[3830] Makrothen RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:19:47 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  113
   40:  127
   20:  170
   15:   25
   10:
------------
Total:  435  Total Score = 1,921,410

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs. Special thanks to the PL259 group for keeping the
Makrothen Contest and its unique scoring.

Bands were okay for this part in the Cycle.  Friday night (LT) was good on the
low bands from my East Coast USA location.  Background noise was low and
propagation was good as I was running less than 100W and still able to work
Europe on 80 meters (the European stations must have had good receiving
antennas:>)  Yes, one of the homemade GS35B amps. went out in the Russian
Digital Contest.

Due to not having an amp., the other also is a homemade GS35B, didn't want to
operate SO2R with one band at 100 W and the other band at 1.5 KW which would
put me in the SO Mult. XCVR HP category.

Operating with 100 W vs 1.5 KW brought back some operating situations that I
haven't used to any great extent in a long time.  A lower QSO rate along with
doing more S&P, etc. was interesting and rewarding in adjusting my contest
operating perspective.

Again, thanks for all the QSOs.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH