[3830] Makrothen RTTY KG4IGC SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY KG4IGC SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 23:47:48 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: summerville, sc
Operating Time (hrs): 13:34

------------
   80:   29
   40:   71
   20:  108
   15:   13
   10:    0
------------
Total:  221  Total Score = 618,858

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Worked mostly US stations in the Macrothon. Band conditions were less than
optimal with plenty of QSB on all bands. Did work a few Central and South
American stations on the Saturday and Sunday sessions, and had a small opening
to EU early in the last session on Sunday. It was not easy to work EU, only
heard them on 20 meters and it took several calls each time to work them at 100
watts. Tried every antenna in my arsonal, but the results were the same. It was
quite interesting comparing antennas on the signals though, it seemed that I
found myself using the Hex which is only 20 feet in the air more than any of my
wires. This winter I plan on trying to get my wires a little higher, they are
all currently roughly 20-30 feet high .

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR:100
ANTS:272\' Horizontal loop, 40/20 Super Loop, 15 meter Super Loop, Hex