[3830] Makrothen RTTY ZM2B(ZL2BR) SO/Single Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY ZM2B(ZL2BR) SO/Single Xcvr HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 00:58:51 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: Taranaki
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:
   40:   83
   20:   50
   15:   31
   10:
------------
Total:  164  Total Score = 2,517,398

Club:

Comments:

I operated in the first Makrothen contest in 2004, when it was run on the first
weekend in March. The following year the dates were changed to the second
weekend in October, which for me meant there was a conflict with the Oceania DX
CW contest which I normally gets my full attention.

This year I decided to play around in the Makrothen for most of the first
session and then qsy to the Oceania CW, which conveniently started at the end
of the first RTTY session. Could only manage 50 contacts in the first session
followed by 150 CW contacts in the first three hours in the Oceania. However I
then decided that as I was getting a bit bored why not go qrt on CW, go to bed
and get up early in the morning for the second Makrothen session and even do
the final session as well.

I am very happy that it all worked out quite well for me, got my sleep plus a
fairly decent score! So besides living in a part of the world with a low
population density and negligible air pollution, being so far away from the
rest of the world has one more advantage, high qso points in this contest.

Many thanks to the PL259 group for keeping this contest going and of course
everyone who I worked plus those callers I couldn't manage to resolve.

Rig: IC-7600, AL-80, C-3SS, 40m GP

73, Frank ZL2BR/ZM2B