[3830] CWopsT VE7RAC(VE7FO) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE7RAC(VE7FO) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 02:54:53 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Oct 12

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 0:07

------------
  160:
   80:   8
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   8  Mults = 8  Total Score = 64

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I can hear everyone muttering, "Who the hell is VE7RAC?  And how come I
never heard of him, especially since his exchange was in CWT format - Jim  1368
- and the number is in the range of CW Ops members?"

Well, to celebrate Canada's 150th anniversary there are quite a few RAC suffix
special event stations on the air until Dec 31.  For details, including award
info, check out http://wp.rac.ca/rac150/

I'm the designated VE7 CW/RTTY op for week of Oct 8 - 14 but, for family
reasons haven't been able to get on the air as much as I hoped.  When I have
been on cndx were rather poor and my best rate was about 15/hr.  So, tonight
I've got some time and I'm tuning across the HF bands and hearing virtually
nothing.  Well, nothing other than furious CW activity with good signals over
relatively narrow segments of 40 and 80.  OMG it's CW Ops with their weekly one
hour of CW mayhem.   Say, should be able to make lots of Qs here, particularly
seeing as how I'm a member of CW Ops and know how CWT works.  Even made 100 Qs
in one of their 1 hour segments some (better) years ago.

Just 2 issues.  The Cabrillo file has to work for the RAC award adjudicators
and there's only 15 minutes left.

So, figured out the CBR file issues, got on and made 8 Qs in 7 minutes.

Thanks, guys.

You may well hear another VE7RAC next Wed.

73, Jim  VE7FO