[3830] CaQP AA6MU SOCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AA6MU SOCntyExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 02:00:47 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: AA6MU
Operator(s): AA6MU
Station: AA6MU

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: TUOL
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:    0     16
   40:  127      6
   20:  148      4
   15:   34      1
   10:    1
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  310     27  Mults = 49  Total Score = 47,285

Club:

Comments:

10-15W, homemade SED rig, dipoles 160-10m

A lot of first this year, first contest after 20 year hiatus, first contest for
my small homemade SDR rig, first time battery operation in the field for such
long time.

There were two drivers to go to Sierras: get away from the big gun station few
miles from me and enjoy this sub zero noise level under the trees.

Noise level was up when I powered up my 12-110v inverter - it was sooo noisy,
that I decided to do without big monitor, docking station and other niceties,
but with great receive :)

Get away Big station goal was ruined by super loud and wide big gun few miles
downhill… When they run the frequency I was forced to move to another band or
go to the fringes of the band, where chances to be found were slim.

Mostly did CW since I was running only 12-17W in the multiband dipole. SSB was
quite a challenge - TNX to everyone who straggle to get my numbers.

On 160 I was able to produce not more than 12W due to lack of dedicated LPF -
so, nobody hear me:)

Great event, definitely will be back next year with better antennas and 100W :)