[3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 00:04:08 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:12

------------
   80:   49
   40:   92
   20:  150
   15:   19
   10:    0
------------
Total:  310  Total Score = 974,890

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Last year the Makrothen had a Near Death Experience but was saved by a team of
pizza lovers from Silicon Valley.  MAK & cheese pizza maybe.

In appreciation, I put in a major effort this year.  Conditions were mediocre,
especially poor for distance scoring, there wasn't enough participation, and
many QSOs were hard fought, but I had a fun weekend anyway.  These segmented
contests suit my weary, old bones just fine.

I used the Contest Online Scoreboard, although it's not a good strategy to goad
other people to come gunning for me.  I wouldn't do it in some contests.

But there wasn't much participation on the scoreboard, either, so maybe no one
noticed.

15m opened but few showed up which is too bad as having another band available
makes a big difference when participation is low. Since assistance is allowed,
there are various ways, like ViewProp, to keep track of other bands' activity,
even if you don't want to use spots.  W7RN (WK6I) spent enough time on 15m to
become an honorary beacon station.  Thanks, Jeff.  SO2R guys can really be
helpful in this regard.

I'm hoping folks who want distance scoring will show up in greater numbers in
the future.  A problem is the current distance scoring contests are for RTTY or
160m.  Not everyone is interested in these niches.

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+  MMTTY/MMTTY/2Tone
20 & 15m attic dipoles
Outside stealth 40m end-fed half-wave; also used on 20m (full-wave) and 80m
         (quarter-wave with an indoor counterpoise)
LoTW  eQSL ClubLog