[3830] CQWW SSB N9TF SOSB(A)/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N9TF SOSB(A)/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 00:32:25 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  180    19       75
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Just a single band 15m. Only had time Saturday for a little over an hour to get
on in the afternoon. Hit 15 in the morning Sunday as it and I were waking up.
All S&P. Tried to run a couple times, but both times netted zero contacts
in the log. I was hoping for prop into JA and other parts of the Pacific late,
but best were a few KH6, one ZL and A31MM. The ZL and Tonga were really tough.
Light signals and deep QSB, but got them in the log. Spent way too much time
calling the FR4QT. Finally got him in the log after 45 minutes of calling. Big
signal here. Another big signal station was EA9KB at 20 over. Many times I
called him and no one else was calling and he did not hear me. That one took at
least 20 minutes going back and forth to his freq to get him in the log. Then
there were the really weak stations that heard me the first time with no
repeats. Go figure! Was hoping for DXCC on 15, but fell a bit short. Still not
bad for bottom of the sunspot cycle and low power! Had a good time.

K3s 100 watts to 2 element triband at 37'

73 Gene N9TF