[3830] CQWW SSB OH2PM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH2PM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:22:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH2PM
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH2PM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:  167     8       44
   80:  112    13       68
   40:  143    22       88
   20:   20    35      108
   15:  176    32      117
   10:  169    16       57
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was an enjoyable weekend.
Great openings after several weeks of black outs and aurora. For many years
there has not been good propagation both on 10 and 160 during the same week
end.

Phone contesting is not my favorite but I do it for the Scandinavian Cup and
also to gain points for the OH-Marathon.
Before the contest I had no idea how propagation would develop. I had no sleep
before the contest, so I decided to sleep more than usually during the contest
and go to assisted category for the first time ever. Well it was a new
experience: You see the call before you hear it and then you copy it to the
log, something like an office clerk work, I think. One day I try it also in a
CW contest.
I had had only a hand full of QSOs on 20 on Saturday. It was interesting to
watch what was happening on the extreme edges of of the bands, 160 and 10.
On Saturday evening there was a good opening to US west coast on 20 and and it
tempted me to run a pile-up for a while. Other wise the log shows 65% of the
contacts in S&P mode. This was the first time when I did not loose my voice
after a phone contest, thanks to the long enough breaks.

Thanks for QSOs and hope to hear you all again in CQ WW CW part in true
contesting, maybe as OH0R from Aland Is.

 Pertti, OH2PM