[3830] CQWW SSB S56A SOSB(A)/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s56a@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB S56A SOSB(A)/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:52:42 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: S56A

Class: SOSB(A)/40 LP
QTH: JN76GB
Operating Time (hrs): 35:30

  160:
   80:   20     5       17
   40:  765    29      119
   20:   16     5        5
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I opted for SOSB(A) 40m LP in order to improve S5 record while expecting poor
condx on higher bands.  I am glad I was wrong about ionosphere but 40m had
lower activity.  My Moxon was breaking for the first time giving poor SWR
during rotation.   FT1K TX LPF relay failed on 160 m.  I worked almost all the
stations heard except weak KH7CW.  No zones 1,2,3,6,31,34-39.  Only North
Africa caught.  It is much easier on FT8 :-)
Some 36 QSO made on the other two bands on slow Sunday evening.  Amazing audio
from remote NR3X and K2LE showing the best of technology progress.  I wish my
local S51A was cleaner toward the end of contest.  Lot of splatters over weak
signals.  I had only two memorable runs with USA split from 7057 kHz and EU at
the end of contest on 7061 kHz.  This prompts me for SO2R LP with CW robot!

73 de Mario, S56A