[3830] CQWW SSB YO9HP SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB YO9HP SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:41:27 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: YO9HP
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: KN35BA
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40: 1284    28      109
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1284    28      109  Total Score = 244,271

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

My plan was to challenge the old YO record for SO-HP-40m (240 K). But it seems I

chose the wrong band, for this weekend propagation. With 2 Yagi antennas (3 el
+ 2 el) and 800 W output, I could not achieve any good runs, neither DX nor EU,
until Sunday evening. Finally, during the last 6 hours of the contest, condx
improved and I managed to reach the 240 K target, with 15 minutes before the
end of the contest. I ended with a final score of 244 K (1.6% over the target),
of course too
small difference to survive to log checking process. And all the struggle
happened when other EU ops were logging hundred of NA calls on 15 and 20 m
bands.... But, overall, I am talking about CQWW, so there is always some fun.
73 and see you all in 4 weeks, in CQ-WW-CW! Alex, YO9HP