[3830] CQWW SSB W6PH SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6PH SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 16:45:49 +0000

K3 + Expert 1.3K-FA
Win-Test

160:  Inductively loaded sloper
80:  Two slopers (West and East)
40:  40-2CD at 60 ft
20:  3 el yagi (homebrew) at 60 ft
15:  5 el yagi (WD8IXE design) at 60 ft
10:  A3S at 40 ft

40, 20, 15 antennas on AB-577 masts.  All antennas are temporary.

Lots of comments.  JA activity was way down.  Generally poor conditions all
weekend.  Fairly short opening on 10m to zone 8 and 9 on Sunday.  Not many
Europeans in the log on 40m.  It was tough working the few that I did.  Didn't
hear any Euros on 80m and should have heard a couple.  Opening to Europe on 15m
was short and didn't hit the Scandinavian countries. The last hour running JA's
was my best single hour.

It is fruitless to call CQ except when the band is open to Asia.

I went to the Dark Side with the assisted category.  I liked it and will use it
in CW.

I cannot hear the Pacific because of Mt Whitney five miles west of me (14,500
feet).  The VK's are almost ESP contacts.

It is a myth that the low bands get better at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.
A lot of absorption.

No sleep strategy.  Just took several three hour naps at various times.

73, Kurt W6PH