[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:07:55 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT KD9ERP AB9YC WT2P K9QQ KB9OWD
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   62    11       24
   80:  224    17       65
   40:  487    30       98
   20: 1106    38      130
   15:  889    30      124
   10:  201    15       41
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Condx were much better than last year, so expectations were tempered by that
experience. We were all pleasantly surprised to have some good openings on 15
meters and also on 10 meters late Sunday.

The bands seemed to open fairly early to EU with some strong signals but they
often would not hear or copy us. It was often frustrating. The QRM and maybe
the QRN levels at some DX locations must be fairly high.

We had an experienced team and thought we would do as well as conditions would
allow. Everyone pulled their weight and radios were always manned and
multipliers were being chased. We always had two operators during the overnight
hours regardless of rate or lack of rate. Everyone spelled each other to make
sure we were as rested as could be expected.

Zach, KD9ESP joined the team this year. He is a 21 year old senior Electrical
Engineering student at Bradley University. Zach was a great addition and made a
lot of QSOs. He listened to the experienced operators and learned very quickly
how to S&P and Run. His enthusiasm for working a new multiplier was
awesome. He is a club member of BUARC, W9JWC.

We had a few more receiving antennas this year. This just gave us a few more
choices on 80 and 160.

The team used FlexRadios 6500/6700 with Maestros with the latest Alpha
software. We also used N1MM Plus networked.

Thanks for the QSOs and fun. See you in CQ WW CW.