[3830] CQWW SSB OT6M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OT6M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 07:33:51 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): PE2HD PA5MW ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 46,8

  160:  183     9       47
   80:  541    15       74
   40:  830    29      107
   20:  809    30      105
   15:  533    36      118
   10:   44    12       23
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

A fun weekend again with a rather small team. But due to good rates even the
long night shifts were doable. The best run with almost 150 QSO's in one hour
was on 80m, although we only had a dipole (and K9AY for RX) for that band.
Second best run was on Sunday afternoon on 20m with a little over 100 QSO's.
10m was a little open on Saturday and Sunday so good for some extra
multipliers.

Station:
TRX: IC7800 and Orion II (interlocked)
PA: ACOM2000
Antennas:
  TRX: dipoles for 160m and 80m, OB2-40, OB11-3, 3 el.SteppIR
  RX:  K9AY

Some things we noticed
- again the K9AY worked very good on 160, 80 and even 40m.
- we had some good runs even though we were not spotted. It really makes sense
to sometimes tune the band (instead of just clicking the spots). Also if
everyone would set 'spot all S&P QSO's' ON, it would mean a lot more fun
for everyone.
- Only 4 stations worked on all 6 bands: CN3A, EF8R, M6T and PI4CC. 19 stations
worked on 5 bands were either 10m or 160m was missing.

Although the team was small and some runs were long, we had a great weekend
with good food and enjoyed the radio sport.

Thanks to all who worked us and hope to see you in the CQWW CW!

73
Frank
ON9CC