[3830] CQWW SSB WO1N SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WO1N SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:25:01 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   10     6        6
   40:   10     5        9
   20:   70     8       35
   15:   20     9       15
   10:    5     3        3
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, C3-SS@38', 40MDipole@50', 80MVertDipole, N1MM+ Logger

Soapbox :

 Just a few Q's from the home station when off duty from K1KP's effort. Always
good for shaking down the station and keeping an eye on band conditions so
you know what to expect when you show up for your operating shift.

I did both overnights from K1KP. 160M was pretty much a bust the first
night from the East Coast. Finally a bit late, 160 started to recover on the
2nd overnight, at least to the Caribbean. No Eu, I think it was TM3R that many
of us could hear armchair copy but he could not hear us during the 2nd night.

40M was solid both nights and 80M seemed better the first night. It could
have been all of the stations had been worked the 2nd night.

Finally, I helped close the contest with a good run into Europe until 20M
closed then pushed the 15 and 20M totals to >1000 Q's and >100
countries.

Sideband is so much more fun from a competant station!

Ken - WO1N