[3830] CQWW SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la5ko@online.no
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 11:26:14 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA3BO LA5KO LA7THA LA9VDA LA9VPA LB1GB LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  313     9       59
   80:  891    17       82
   40:  843    25      103
   20: 1406    35      125
   15:  583    35      134
   10:   45    16       44
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

LA8W/LN8W is back on the air.  This was our first attempt from the new shack
with 6 complete monoband operating stations.

The weeks before the contest we put up an Inverted-L for 160m, as replacement
for the old one which we lost a couple of years ago, as well as an RX 4-suare
for 160m, which seemed to work very well.  Let us see if can put up another one
for 80m prior to the CW part.  Otherwise, except for a new 5 ele yagi for 15m,
we used only the old antennas at LA8W/LN8W.

With only 3 full time operators, 2 part time operators and 2 short time
operators we decided to enter Multi-Single for this first trial.  With
completely new logging SW, new computers, some new equipment as well as old
equipment pulled together from LA8W and LA9Z, we did not experience too much
problems during the contest, so we are fairly satisfied with our debut.

We will be back in the CW part with a bigger team.

73 de
Roy / LA5KO