[3830] CQWW SSB KI7M SOAB(A)Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7m@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KI7M SOAB(A)Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 02:36:45 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KI7M
Operator(s): KI7M
Station: KI7M

Class: SOAB(A)Classic HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:   13     4        5
   80:   58     9       16
   40:   37    13       19
   20:  126    24       53
   15:  108    20       53
   10:   35     8       11
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Just could not develop any runs of QSO's on any of the bands. About 6:30 Zulu
Saturday night my  amp died on me with a maxing grid current when keyed. That
pretty much told me I was thru in this contest with 143,080 pts. Ended up
getting an opening Sunday on 10 meters so got some mult's there which got me
started again with 100 watts from my K3. Love that K3! Ran the rest of the
contest 10,15 and 20 meters with low power and ended up with the score you se.

Antennas and their results: 3 el Steppir 20-6 meters at 118' performs well.
40 meter 4-Square works but still working on getting it setup right to develop
strong F/B, F/S, etc.
80 Mtr inv-L thru Palstar tuner works well, better than the Hytower usually.
Hytower did not seem to perform up to my hopes.
160 Mtr inv-L using hy-tower radial system seemed to work alright but then the
amp went out.

Things to do: (1) Just bought a Palstar HF-2500 160-10 meter amp.
(2) Get the 40 Mtr 4-Square tuned up so we develp real F/B and decent SWR.
(3) Improve the 80 Mtr antennas as well as a 40 Mtr inv-V. Maybe a rotatable 40
Mtr dipole up by the Steppir.
(4) Try to find a Tribander to side mount on the tower.
(5 build a Waller-Flag for receiver on 160/80/40 meters.

Oh also, wipe out those blackberry vines.
Enjoy operating more! Have Fun,Fun,Fun!

I'm happy to note my new QTH in the country has a quieter noise floor than in
Keizer. Wish we were on the up swing of the cycle.