[3830] SS CW K9YC Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9YC Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 06:03:24 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 19:40

------------
  160:
   80:   73
   40:  114
   20:  174
   15:   72
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I think this is the third time I've entered SS QRP. It's a very different
contest with 25 dB lower power out. The difference turns the focus from rate to
understanding propagation and optimizing antennas. Thanks for all the good
operators   who patiently picked my signals out of he noise.

We expected not to hear PR and VI, but where were NNY, VE4, and NL?  And why
such a poor showing from SB and UT -- I didn't work UT until 00Z and picked up
SB in the last half hour! I heard a DX-strength pileup on 40 about 02Z, which
turned out to be an NNY station. Thanks to the guy(s) who activated VY1AAA.
They had a lot of presence, good operator(s), and a decent signal.