[3830] SS CW K9CT SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9CT SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 20:34:19 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  246
   40:  654
   20:  271
   15:   20
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Time and Windows caused a problem for me. I noticed late in the contest that my
log was showing the wrong hour GMT for logging of some of the QSOs! Some of the
QSOs were right but most were wrong after the time change. I had networked my
N1MM Logger computers so that I had a back up log and the time would be
synch'ed with Dimension 4. I don't really know what happened but I had to fix
the hour on some of the QSOs after the time change (easy to do because of the
sequence of QSO NR). The Logger had calculated my time off and I thought I had
5:42 minutes used and operated until 20 minutes left in SS. Well, wrong. I
operated for 25 hours! I would have gladly not operated one of those hours but
anyhow, I am submitting my log as is and will lose 23 QSOs and my last
multiplier for a sweep, N6EE in NNY.

No way to test for that and Murphy got me.

Anyhow, SS CW is a fun contest and I really enjoyed the familiar calls and
friends as we quickly made QSOs. It seemed like the activity was down a bit in
the first few hours at least. Maybe we are losing cw operators and activity
will be going down? Lots of 60's checks and not enough new ones to replace the
older ones. I hope not.

Last three needed were KP2, KP4 and NNY. I could understand the victims of the
hurricane not getting on but NNY! Thanks to N6EE for bravely dealing with the
anxious crowd in a simplex pileup!

Conditions were good and but it is tough getting traction in the Midwest. Which
way to point the antennas? We had some storms roll through during the contest
that made copy difficult at times. QRN and fading on 80m cw can be a challenge.
It seemed like there were many Q stations. You guys are very patient! It takes
timing to the get the exchange through even in pieces.

First time I used the https://contestonlinescore.com/ website during a contest.
I really enjoyed watching how everyone was doing. It was a horse race for sure.
I hope everyone goes online at some time.

One of the best cw contests and always enjoy SS. Thanks for the QSOs. See you
in two weeks!

73, Craig K9CT

Station - FlexRadio 6700 plus Maestro SO2R www.k9ct.us