[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 03:06:59 +0000
NCCC Sprint - Nov 10

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  13     11
   40:  10      8
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  24     20  Total Score = 480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed pretty poor down here - only a couple of guys above the
admittedly high noise level on 40, a few more on 80. KW8N was this week's 20
meter QSO.

Slight changes in antennas since last time: I now have a CushCraft D4
dipole(basically a trapped tribander element with 40 meter loading) in the
attic (about 25 ft above ground). More noise than the outside wire vertical;
not sure if the TX signal is better than the vertical. Meanwhile, the
landscaping folks have been doing their first debris cleanup in years in the
area around my vertical and ground system, tearing up a few of the not very
many radials. Hopefully when they are finished (possible including some new
plantings) I'll be able to reinstall and upgrade the ground system.

Thanks for the SS QSOs over the weekend!

73  -  Jim  K8MR