[3830] SS SSB W6UE(N6AN) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6an@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W6UE(N6AN) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 05:16:06 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   1
   20:   1
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   2  Sections = 2  Total Score = 8

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

After helping out at W6YI overnight I had to drop by work (Caltech)to do a few
things this afternoon. The temptation to try out an orphaned multiband vertical
still mounted on my building's roof was too much. With a KX3 (5W) and battery
only two QSOs were achieved. KH7XS easily heard me on 20, the only signal
present since it was 0130Z and everyone else had moved to lower bands. The
vertical doesn't work on 40. The radio tuner allowed me to transmit and I was
heard by W6LX in LAX for my second QSO. Many calls to the loudest stations
netted no response.

It was a pleasure to be a part of SS both modes this year.
73,
David N6AN