[3830] SS SSB K7HKR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7HKR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:19:18 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    0
   80:   44
   40:   77
   20:   42
   15:   25
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

100 watts, 3-foot diameter (15/20) and 8-foot diameter (40/80) magnetic loops
from AZ

Last year's SSB SS was my first time ever on the air and I made a few QRP QSOs
with an early prototype loop, so this is my first real effort.  All S&P.

I was so excited to find 15 meters open at the beginning that I sent the wrong
precedence in my first 5 QSOs!  After dark, I thought conditions on 40 were
great, but had to take a nearly 3-hour break to be at work.  I was surprised at
the number of mults I was getting, including some I thought would be difficult.
That included my first-ever RI QSO, and an S9+10 signal from MAR at their local
sunrise.

I took my second optional break at 1400UT (7am local) sitting at 68 mults and
156 QSOs.  That deluded me into thinking that I might get close to a sweep.
After I came back, things sort of went downhill.  There were still some new
stations to be had on 15 and 20, but getting a new multiplier became like
trying to work a DXpedition or work Europe in a DX contest, nearly hopeless.
An NT station somehow pulled me out of the pileup, but I think I botched the
exchange in the marginal conditions.  I stopped to take a nap a little after
20UT, and never found my way back to the radio.  Quite an enjoyable contest
through 14UT and a pleasure to work so many enthusiastic ops.

Sections missed: SFL, WTX, NV, ND, SD, NL, QC, ONE, GTA, AK, PR