[3830] SS SSB KT4Q SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4q@usa2net.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KT4Q SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 21:31:50 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:
   80:   44
   40:  453
   20:  377
   15:   90
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Set out to give it 110% but was called into work for 4 hours to relieve a sick
employee on Sunday.  20M early in the contest on Saturday was rockin while the
band was open.  40M was very crowded when I moved there but was able to run in
the upper part of that band for several hours.  Overslept my wakeup alarm
Sunday AM so with a combination starting later than I wanted and taking a 4
hour hiatis to go to work, it changed my game plan from an exceptional to a
good showing in my results.

Was able to get a sweep on Sunday at 2300 zulu finally working PR.  The last
sections needed were SF, ONN, and NL.  The typical difficult NT and MAR
sections were worked within the first 2 1/2 hours of the contest.  Thanks for
N4BP (SFL) 200 miles south and K5KG (WCF) 100 miles southwest being able to
hear me on 20m and 40m respectively short distance (ground wave) as they were
the only folks I heard in the other Florida sections.

My station setup worked fantastic and moderate antenna configuration held it's
own given the limitation my family will allow me to get up aluminum in the air.
 The only challenge was my Vectronics HP Tuner as it is showing signs of fatige.
 I think the roller inductor has had too many hp contests running through it and
with the new Alpha amp running legal limit, the coil is showing significant
discoloration at the 40M and 80M areas attempting to juice my OCF Windom.

Rig: Yaesu FTdx5000MP Limited
Mic: Heil Pro 7 Headset
Amp: Alpha 9500 (1500w)
Ant: Cushcraft X7 Yagi @ 60', Carolina Windom 80 @ 45'