[3830] SS SSB W3GRF(WR3R) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WR3Rgary@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W3GRF(WR3R) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 21:55:37 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3GRF
Operator(s): WR3R
Station: WR3R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  546
   40:  197
   20:   80
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Lot of great fun!  Thanks for all the Q's!

I was very fortunate to work all sections, and was actually aided by the lack
of my beam antenna which I was unable to put up this fall.   With dipole
antennas, all I could do was S & P most of the daylight hours.  On Sunday
this allowed me to find pileups, dig out who they were calling, and then try
and get my call through.  A special thanks to the last two;  SB, W6RFU, and
lastly ND, KD0CVZ, who actually answered my CQ on 40 mtrs at 00:20Z Sunday
night.  Never heard another ND the entire contest!

Really a honor to use the PVRC Club call W3GRF, that was originally the call of
Len Chertof, one of the PVRC founders.  I used my own check of 64, which was
confusing to some contesters that still had Len's check of 36 in their software
program!  Spoke to a number of people who knew Len....sorry I could not talk
longer with you about your experiences with W3GRF.  I was fortunate to have met
Len when I joined the PVRC in the early 1970s.  He was one of the true pioneers
of contesting.

Condx:  FT1000MP and dipole antennas on all bands.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

73s,  Gary  WR3R