[3830] SS SSB W2LC Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lc@twcny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W2LC Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:10:35 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNY
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  12
   20:  35
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Running QRP and mobile in phone SS certainly is a challenge. I drove the 50
miles or so from my house to put NNY on the air. I should have done that on the
CW weekend that would have fun being one of the few NNY's. I went to Southwick
Beach State Park with a nice view of Lake Ontario. The park is a few miles into
Jefferson County which is in NNY. And much to my disbelief there were three
people surfing the lake in the 30 degree weather. With wet suits of course. It
was pretty windy with waves of a few feet. Only a few inches of snow. Went home
at dusk and had to dodge a cow running down the road and a few deer. But that is
upstate NY for you. Next year I'll do CW and take my 100W radio and maybe a
multi band dipole to toss up in a tree. I took a look at an observation tower
down one of the side streets, that may be a convenient antenna support, at
least until I get chased out. Nice to hear all the familiar callsigns. Sorry
for the puny weak signal! 73 Scott W2LC