[3830] CQWW CW K8MR SOABClassic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8MR SOABClassic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 01:15:57 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOABClassic LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   27    14       21
   40:   79    16       42
   20:   65    16       38
   15:   45    14       25
   10:   13     3        4
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I was originally planning for an operation from the Sarasota Bay waterfront
location, but after operating earlier from the condo as W3USA, I could tell
propagation was not going to be worth the effort of loading the car and hauling
the stuff to the park. So I started over from the condo as K8MR starting about
1100Z Sunday. A lot of time was spent with a second computer reading the news
online while tuning the bands.

High band conditions stunk on Sunday - the top tier Europeans on 20 meters were
not much above the noise. But as with the earlier W3USA operation, 80 and 40 did
quite well for what I was using - a CushCraft D4 trapped dipole in the condo
attic, and a 65 wire vertical with minimal radials for 80. Not everybody heard
me, but a lot of not especially loud EU stations picked me up on 80 and 40. I
even managed to get JA0QNJ on 80.

So such is life for a few more years until some sunspots return.

73  -  Jim  K8MR