[3830] CQWW CW KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 01:37:23 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9     4        4
   80:   33    12       24
   40:  103    19       58
   20:  207    25       82
   15:  129    21       54
   10:   29     8        9
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a great weekend! Of course I spent the week fixing coax connectors, replace
old ones and redoing some that I tried to fix during the colder weather. It
really helps having all the antennas to use. Looking at the stats from N1MM,
which operated flawlessly, I made 324 contacts on the FT2000D and 186 on the
FTdx1200. Basically I used the antennas I fixed on 80m with the inverted L on
the second radio and also on 15m and some on 10m. Having all the antennas
working was a blessing!

I would like to note that the receiver on the 1200 is much better than the
2000D, but I did buy the 2000d 10 years ago.
Noting the band conditions, it was kind of weird. I worked AK the first contact
of the contest on 20. Later on Saturday, trying to work JA's on 15, I couldn't
hear anything although I could hear people working them, But if I turned the
antenna just a bit more west, I picked up AH2R, A31MM and V6C all west, but
nothing north until Sunday. Lots of JA's to work and lots of DL's and Europe.

A big thanks to all the US stations that gave me the multipliers for the zones
and especially that big USA mult. I only had one station Cqing in my face when
I tried to get a USA and Zone 5. Of course, I didn't count on all the VE's out
there and I still picked up the mults. Thanks especially to W0AIH for the 10m
USA, Zone 4 double mult. He was the only station I could hear on 10 when I
checked it and he came right back to me! Thank you!

A highlight on 160 was breaking a small pileup with TI7W on the first call with
only 100W. And ZF2MJ came right back to me on the first call on 160. Kind of
scared me but thanks for having such great ears on the low band. I also got to
work ZS2NF I suppose before he got spotted or maybe at the end of his pileup,
because I put him in the log after only 2 calls! Thanks to all my friends in
SMC for their help and guidance and to Anthony AB9YC for pushing me and then
dragging me up the live contest score server. That makes for some good
competition when you take a break and see where the other club members are in
the contest.

There are a lot of GREAT CW operators out there! I met most all of them this
weekend!

73, Craig KD9MS