[3830] CQWW CW K6LL M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K6LL M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 03:04:10 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL W6RW N7TY W4IX
Station: K6LL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   49    13       21
   80:  166    24       59
   40:  896    37      115
   20: 1015    33      113
   15:  549    28       82
   10:   35    10       15
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

With four good operators, we had the two K3's staffed with one operator each for
the entire 48 hours. All of the equipment worked perfectly, except for one brief
period when one wireless keyboard started sending strange commands to a
different computer than the one it was paired with. Conventional USB keyboards
solved the issue in short order.

The RX noise level toward Japan on 40 was S6.  Other directions were quiet. It
may have been a neighbor's elaborate Christmas lights - will investigate. Noise
level on 80 remains frustratingly high.  I think the source is something high
powered, far away. We had quite a bit of inter-station interference from 40 to
20, and from 80/160 to 40, but the operators made it work.

I think we did better than expected, considering that the station is pretty
humble, with a tribander and shorty forty on one 48 foot tower, on a small city
lot. Having the beams all pointing in the same direction is a major drawback
around dawn and dusk, when JA and EU are open at the same time on 40, 20 and
15.  We really had more operator talent than we had station to support them.

It was a lot of hard work, but still fun.  Thanks for all the QSO's!

.