[3830] CQWW CW K7DR SOABClassic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7DR SOABClassic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:39:23 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOABClassic LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    2     1        1
   80:    9     4        4
   40:   53    10       32
   20:   64    14       40
   15:   55    13       30
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

FTdx3000
135 ft end fed inv vee at 40 ft
Win-test 4.25
All S and P

First time I made at least one QSO on every band 160-10. TI7W was only signal I
heard on 10, worked him easily and that was it for 10.

40 meters was good both nights to EU at local sunset around 22z, worked almost
any station I could hear. JA was in 23z on Sunday but my 100w and inv vee
couldn't get the job done.

I have been doing more contesting since I retired three years ago, and noticed
my code speed is up. I was at or above 30 wpm most of contest, where a few
years ago I rarely went above 30 wpm.

I have been experimmenting with my 135 end-fed wire. It was originally
installed as an inv L that was 30/100, but I moved the vertical segment away
from the tree and, it is configured as an inv V, with both ends about 10 ft
high with center nearly 40 ft with two 65 ft elevated countrpoises and it
appears to be working better now. Still have noise problem particularly on 40m
I'm trying to solve, but a G5RV Jr installed in another tree at about 25 ft is
much quiteter, and has been making a decent receive antenna.

73
Dave K7DR - MI