[3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:39:40 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV AF8A AD8CW K0XV K3JT N8IW
Station: W8AV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  142    14       42
   80:  529    22       27
   40:  623    34      121
   20:  948    34      119
   15:  282    22       82
   10:   46    12       17
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Fun contest despite poor conditions.  We still have issues with the TIC Ring
that turns the 15 meter antenna which make it still un-rotatable (I won't go
into the reasons here), so it was permanently stuck pointing north.  Although
there is a second 15 meter antenna fixed on EU which helped, we managed to put
up a sloper for SA which helped snag the mults there and in the Pacific on that
band.  We could have definitely used the high 15 meter beam to enable us to
better run EU  given the band conditions.

We decided that given the size of our crew and operator time constraints, we
would do a "for fun" multi-multi to give everyone a chance to operate
for as much as they wanted knowing that we would not be in a position to be very
competitive in that category.  This was fun for all who were here.  We would
have maybe been more competitive in a M/2 environment, but hey, having fun is
what it is all about.

Thanks to our outstanding crew.  See you all next year.