[3830] CQWW CW K4LY SOSB(A)/80 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4LY SOSB(A)/80 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:45:50 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOSB(A)/80 QRP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:  16     7        14
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  16     7        14  Total Score = 735

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Having worked QRP DXCC on 10, 15, 20, and 40 in contests(mostly as W0AH,
Colorado) I decided to see how many countries I could work this season on 80M
QRP with my TS-590s at 5 watts and my Hytower.  After operating occasional FT8
the past several weeks, and working 16 countries that mode, I added 7 more last
night on CW to bring my seasonal total up to 23. Still no Europe, so it looks
very unlikely that I can get anywhere near 100 countries this season.

I also spent an hour on 160M with an Inverted L running 800 watts and made 12
contacts in 6 zones and 10 countries, but was hearing Europe (with an amplified
KAZ antenna favoring northeast) much better than it was hearing me.
I've made contacts in the CQWW since around 1960, maybe earlier as I was
licensed in 1955.
Thanks for your good ears!