[3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:43:16 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    5     2        3
   80:   17     9       12
   40:  156    14       60
   20:  164    19       78
   15:   61    15       41
   10:    7     6        6
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Based on the YCCC improvement award, I set my goal at 315K.  Almost met
it, and if my accuracy has improved in the past year I will.  I seem to
have a "natural" level of accomplishment with raw scores of 313k
(2015),
309K (2016), and 301K (2017).  Only better antenns and more BIC time
will significantly beat this.

(And being able to touch-type so I could run!)

The equipment rundown:
Rig: TS-2000
Antennas:
   160/80/40  trapped 80/40M dipole with "zig-zag" 160 dipole @ 7m
   20  HB Moxon @ 12m
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 11m
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 10m
100% S&P
Log: N3FJP's CQ WW DX Contest Log Ver 5.5

Details: I threw up a temporary 160 dipole off the feed point of
my (too low) 80-trap-40 back-yard dipole hoping that it might make up
for the low 10M expectation.  It helped, but 160 was very noisy and I
did worse than expected. Heard a lot of CQs but few heard me.  10 was
about as expected.

15 was open some, but my meager rotatable dipole just can't cut
through.  20 & 40 were about like last year, with 40 a bit better
and 20 a bit worse.

No new countries, a few new band-countries.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ