[3830] CQWW CW VE7XF SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE7XF SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 07:57:19 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: CN89mq
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:   59     9       11
   80:   36    13       16
   40:  131    25       52
   20:  279    30       85
   15:  235    25       54
   10:    7     4        5
------------------------------
Total:  738   106      223  Total Score = 602,728

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Mostly S&P, working on my mult-nabbing skills, but I did get a few runs
going, even on 160. This time I felt loud again, tnx to my 260' doublet and Mr.
Acom!
(Not like the SSB event, where I felt like a weakling - almost expected Charles
Atlas to come and kick sand in my face.)
What few signals I heard from EU were weak, except for the 'off hour' OHs.
Funny how they come over the pole out of nowhere when nobody else does.

40m was good long after sunrise. I forgot to listen at noon, when I have heard
JAs in the middle of the day.

80m is my noisiest band. Big surprise was working a YT5 there. Musta been ESP.

I actually heard (OK, 'detected') CN2AA on 160m. That was ESP level too!
I'll have much better 160m antennas next year. Even so, got 4 new ones on TB
outside the contest, tnx to pre/post operations by expeditioners.

Found a couple of situations where two good mults were on the same freq at
similar levels, making a Q with either pretty much impossible.

The 10m contest is gonna be very interesting this year. CU there.

Ralph, VE7XF