[3830] CQWW CW WQ6X(@NX6T) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WQ6X(@NX6T) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:29:05 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   25    11       17
   40:  425    31       73
   20:  195    20       41
   15:  171    21       44
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
While I didn't get started until 05:50z, overall the band condx were
quite good, so I am surprised in hearing how horrible condx were for
other W6 stations.  The only bummer was 10-meters.
Several different CQs produced only one weak response from N6LL/7.

Because 40 meters was by far the best band for this operation I chose
to submit this log as a single-band 40-meter entry.

Throughout the weekend there were internet latency problems, so if at
times I seemed out of synch it was the internet, not incompetent SO2-R.

Usually running 40-meters presents me was TONs of intentional QRM after
07:00z (see my BLOG entry on the recent JIDX SSB contest).
During this last weekend the only intentional QRM was from calling CQ on
(what turned out to be) the National Tune-UP frequency and certain N/W
stations (do I need to name callsigns?) who always seemed to popup in
the bandmap about 400hz below my run frequency shortly after I called CQ.
They can copy CW, but not "QRL QSY PSE".

Because of my client commitments during the day on Saturday, 15 meters
was somewhat lacking until Sunday afternoon (23:00z) when a nice opening
to the South Pacific and Asia materialized.

Part of this weekend's success was timing.  WQ6X busted dozens of HUGE
pileups by slipping the callsign during a momentary lull snagging the
QSO.
My biggest BEEF were the CT9/OM3 stations that often appeared in the
bandmap w/o the CT9/ prefix.  Evidently the skimmer receivers could
not properly sort their callsigns out.

While I managed 73 countries on 40-meters alone, across all bands
WQ6X accomplished DXCC; not bad for a hit & miss operation.

Look for my writeup of this contest in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com