[3830] CQWW CW VK4DX SOSB/40Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sivcevic@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK4DX SOSB/40Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 01:28:30 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4DX
Operator(s): VK4DX
Station: VK4DX

Class: SOSB/40Classic LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:  645    29       83
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first contest after many years. The band was very busy but I was
able to have some decent runs and and most importantly have some fun.

Murphy was there as well, firstly to ruin my CW interface 10 minutes into the
contest so I had to key manually and secondly to break both of my plastic
paddles, so I had to use some wire and sticky tape to keep them attached to the
keyer.

It was quite disappointing to see some stations just show up on the frequency
and start calling CQ, completely ignoring my PSE QSYs, including at least one
respectable contest/dx-pedition.  Yes, they could hear me very well, they
worked me 5 minutes later quite happily. But, hey, what's new.

Rig: FT DX-3000, 100wtts
Antenna: Hustler 6BTV with 9 radials