[3830] ARRL 160 K4XL SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K4XL SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 13:48:21 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 1153  Sections = 118  Countries = 44  Total Score = 315,650

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were quite good with good openings to the Europe on Friday night and
also again on Saturday night.  Some Europeans were extremely loud, to the point
that they sounded like locals.  The band did not seem to be as good to the West
with the 6s and 7s not as strong as they usually are.  Only a few Caribbeans
were worked.  I managed to get the folded unipole tuned at the base of the
tower, thereby eliminating the need for fooling with the tuner in the shack.  I
don't know what the losses are in the tuner, but I felt that I was doing a
little better than usual.