[3830] ARRL 160 NA8V Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NA8V Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 01:13:39 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: mi
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

Total:  QSOs = 1086  Sections = 79  Countries = 39  Total Score = 296,652

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

That was fun!  Had planned a one night operation but came home early from out of
town.  Started at 0041z Friday night.  Was pleasantly surprised to hear Eu on my
first pass thru the band.  Best Eu condx for me were the 01 and 02z hours the
first night and then sporadic dx thru til 0630z when a lone F called in.  The
second night was similar although the peak for dx was 05-06-07z hours.  Several
Russians the first night, 2nd night more towards Scandinavia and northern Eu.
Ended up with ~120 5pt qsos.  Didn't get up for the morning either day.  Missed
AK, PAC, PR and NT.

First operation with HP at this station, used recently acquired LK-500
following the TS590sg.  TX ant is a 45' vertical L, RX via a NE Bev and a W
Bev, both ~450' long.  My usual mode on 160 is to listen on the TX antenna and
switch to the Bevs as needed.  This time I listened exclusively on one Bev or
the other.  Probably missed a few callers that way, sorry if I didn't hear
you.

See you all in month in the Stew.

greg/na8v