[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 00:33:10 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10?

   CW:
  SSB:   4     4
-------------------
Total:   4     4  Total Score = 32

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Station W8QZA:

Radio:  Elecraft K-2  (5 Watts)

Antenna: SteppIR 3 element up 32 feet
-------------------------------------

I never thought that in my life I would ever submit a contest score or report
like this.  I struggled to work 4 stations the first night (Friday) ....and
only heard one more station the entire weekend, but I had already worked him!

I should note that I never tuned the CW band.  I used the K-2 scanning feature
to tune 28300 to 28515 while I watched TV or did other things in my station.  I
called CQ for 10 minute segments a number of times over the weekend.  I checked
my SWR a number of times to be sure my antenna was OK.  I don't know how many
hours I spent but guessed maybe 10 hours.

This now supersedes the Dec 2007 10 Meter contest which I previously called the
worst contest of my life.  ...I had 33 Qs in that contest!

73,  Bill  W8QZA - W6QU