[3830] ARRL 10 KM6JD SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KM6JD SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 02:06:21 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KM6JD
Operator(s): KM6JD
Station: KM6JD

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 8:47

   CW:  167    34
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  167    34  Total Score = 26,052

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were fair to poor on Friday which was the day (time period) where I
made most of my contacts.  Surprisingly, on Friday night, the band was open
past 10:00 PM PST (0600 UTC). Saturday morning the South Americans started
coming in and I worked a bunch of them.  The band closed around mid afternoon
on Saturday.  Saturday night was abysmal.  Nothing but a few backscatter
stations in neighboring states (N6SS, WJ9B and others).  Sunday was even worse.
 Sunday morning I pointed the Yagi towards the North to work a number of
stations in and around Washington state and VE7 land.  This seemed to be the
only viable propagation path available from Nevada.  I did hear several of the
South Americans I worked on Friday and Saturday but they were much weaker.
Wish the band was open on Saturday and Sunday.

Rig:  ICOM IC-7300
Amp:  AMERITRON AL-80B
Ant:  Force-12 C31-XR (7 elements on 10m)