[3830] ARRL 10 K4TMC SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4TMC SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:09:45 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4TMC
Operator(s): K4TMC
Station: K4TMC

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Raleigh, NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   0     0
  SSB:   9     6
-------------------
Total:   9     6  Total Score = 108

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, that was embarrassing and humbling…

With a rate less than 1 per hour of operating time, it doesn’t seem worth it.
 But with the weather so bad (rain, sleet & snow) it was a good excuse to
spend some time at the radio…and dreaming of bigger antennas and better
propagation.  My only excuse for the low QSO’s was (1) a S1-2 sporadic noise
on the band all weekend, which has mysteriously disappeared this Monday
morning, making it impossible to work S 0.5 signals; and (2) orienting the
fixed tree-supported yagis in the wrong directions based on my inaccurate
propagation assumptions.  It would have been nice to have had one of those
Zeppelin’s floating above the house suspending a couple of long-boom yagis
versus the ineffective vertical Zepp in the back yard.

Station: Elecraft K3/100, 4 and 6 element OWA yagis, Collinear End-fed Zepp
vertical (N1LO design)