[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:36:02 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 0:02

   CW:   1     1
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 4

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got on CW Sunday morning 1400Z to see if there was any activity.  Planned to
jump back and forth between CW and SSB, as time allowed, to increase other
people's scores.  Immediately found a fellow PVRCer, 30 miles away.  Worked him
... and keyer began acting up like it did in ARRL 160M.  My treasured
40-year-old homebrew beauty would lock into sending continuous dashes.  I
decided that fixing the keyer was more worthy than working the 'Test.  From the
other score reports I've seen, that was a good decision.  (The keyer is still
not fixed.  I'm concerned that some of the TTL chips might have failed.)

Suggestion:  If condx are this bad on 10M next year, let's all just re-run the
160M 'Test again.