[3830] TBDC WB0SND Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB0SND Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:02:44 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WB0SND
Operator(s): WB0SND
Station: WB0SND

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8:59

Total:  QSOs = 448  Total Score = 1,561

Club: Mississippi Valley DX/Contest Club

Comments:

This was the maiden voyage for my new inverted L at my new QTH.  So nice to be
back on 160 again.  It is 170 feet long and tuned at the base with a series
capacitor.  I have 4 elevated radials at about 8 feet.  I chose elevated radials
because the antenna is in the woods and ground radials would be difficult.  It's
kind of weird in that the radials and the antenna go up hill in a couple of
directions.  It really performed very well.  I had many EU calling and they all
seemed to hear me better than I heard them.  I threw out a quick BOG antenna for
RX that did not work at all, so all RX was with the L.  Next year I will have at
least 2 beverages.  I'm sure most of my handicap was in the RX department (and
operating skill department).  Had a ball and always enjoy it.  73 es HNY to all.
 Hope to work some of you tonight on SKN.

K3, Alpha 87A, Inverted L w/4 elevated radials.