[3830] TBDC K1RZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1rz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K1RZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 22:53:32 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM19
Operating Time (hrs): 10.7

Total:  QSOs = 482  Total Score = 1,682

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another Stew Perry contest in the log.  A high-light during the test was to work
the W1BB Stew Perry Memorial Station.   Took a little maintenance time to get
the K9AY receive antenna to work again, as I roll up the lower wires to prevent
damage by the deer running through the field through the summer, but then it
worked flawlessly again.  It is such a kick to work this CW contest on this MF
band.  So quiet compared to when I listened as a teenager in the 1960's when the
Loran signals were so dominant. Perfect weekend to hold the event.   Thanks to
the organizers for these 160m tests.   73,   Dave  K1RZ  FM19

K3 with 1 KW Alpha amp,  Inverted L and K9AY Loops.