[3830] NAQP CW NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 04:12:22 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Remote Operation

  160:   1      1
   80:  10      7
   40:  20     10
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     18  Total Score = 558

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Classic! I started up, connected to the remote station, but nobody
can hear me. Too weak? Too much QRM?  Nope... my CW keying
is not generating any RF at the radio! I start the debugging process,
but between all the parts, there are 100 thousand interacting settings.
Well, it works on RTTY and SSB, just no RF on CW! Eventually,
the blindfolded monkey changes the right setting somewhere, and
with a reboot and restart - its working again!  But its 2 hours later,
so I have lunch and a nap... I come back at night and try it and its
working fine, I sweep the bands for an hour, consider it a success and
shutdown.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO)

10m, 15m, 20m: Force12 C31XR at 72 ft
40m: Force12 2 Element Yagi at 78 ft