[3830] NAQP CW N8FYL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8fyl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8FYL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 20:08:10 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N8FYL
Operator(s): N8FYL
Station: N8FYL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:   16     8
   40:   93    33
   20:   85    26
   15:   48    14
   10:
-------------------
Total:  242    81  Total Score = 19,602

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 2

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-7610
Antenna: G5RV/ZS6BKW at 55 ft
This contest did NOT go as planned. I was enjoying the band conditions and
learning more about the IC-7610.  About 0240z the SWR on my G5RV went way up.
Not a good thing but I've seen it before, last summer.  Using my nifty
Rigexpert
AA230-Pro analyzer, I had traced it to area of the barrel connector joining my
two 100 foot sections of RG-8X feed line. I thought I had fixed it. Analyzer
showed the same anomaly tonight. I went outside in the dark, 4 degree F weather
and attempted to resolve the issue, but it was not to be.  Too cold and so my
contest had to end early. Why couldn't it have flaked out on Wednesday when I
was on the 1900z CWT, so I could work on it on Thursday when it was 57 degrees
out?  It's always somethin', eh?