[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 15:56:48 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5:20

  160:   60    19
   80:   74    27
   40:   26    14
   20:    1     1
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  163    63  Total Score = 10,269

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC DC Metro Team #1

Comments:

Pretty brutal here, what with starting about 00Z.  20M dead; 40M long; 80M weak.
 High noise, including an intermittent buzzing that wiped out everything (it
seemed to know when the new mult was about to send me a report).  Noise eased up
and propagation improved in the last 30 minutes; too late.

Condx on 80M and 40M so bad that everybody was moving to 160M.  It made me
wonder if that could make sense in SS with similar condx, especially for
third-and-lower tier signals.

Loud local W3IUU called in on 80M, and we decided to run the bands.  Too bad I
forgot to hit Enter and log the QSO before I QSYed.

Check your SCP files.  K7KU and K8KU used to be active.  Now, imitator K5KU is
doing well, and K2KU showed up in this one.  Knock-off KU8E is often heard.
THEY ARE ALL FAKES.  If you hear "kilowatt united", please assume it's
the real K3KU.