[3830] NAQP SSB W1PY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, westcoastbayou@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1PY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:41:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1PY
Operator(s): W1PY
Station: W1PY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   41    19
   40:  273    38
   20:   63    19
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  377    76  Total Score = 28,652

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Navigators

Comments:

Started off fun, but less so as I got into the low(er) bands.  Still having
problems with RFI on 160 and it locking up the SO2R controller and PTT on the
radios, so that band was out although RX was sounding very good.  I forgot to
roll up the CW pigtails on the 80m TX antenna and the setup here depends on
fairly resonant antennas, so the power was rolled back quite a bit on that band.
 40 was very fun with some decent runs through out the evening.  20 was blah,
but I probably should have spent some more time gathering mults.  This was also
the first time doing SO2R on phone and I have some brain training to do.  I'm
also starting to think that two keyboards is the way to go. I'm very proficient
using key combos to navigate, but there is too much room for error trying to
move back and forth between radios quickly on one keyboard.

All that said, I had a lot of fun and learned a ton.