[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 21:48:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3.1

  160:  105    31
   80:  234    41
   40:   26    13
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  366    85  Total Score = 31,110

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Northwest Team #1

Comments:

After a very cold January, it was in the 50's and sunny by mid morning, so we
went to a state park nearby in PA which was more wintry than expected (ice
lining edges of streams and some snow/slush), but plenty of people there
enjoying the day. The dog told me I made the right decision, Hi! I would guess
operating 10 hours would not have been that much fun.

Conditions did not appear as good as on CW with nothing worked on 75M past CO
except CA operating there until about 0140Z. There was also a skip zone
extending across all of NJ, but did work a few MD/PA right before QSY to 40/160.
160 was not a good either with noticeably fewer stations than on CW. Despite
exhaustion, could not sleep and found 40M improved around 05Z with a couple of
Q's into KY and IN, but did not try any CQ's.

Thanks for all of the Q's and I gave David, K3LP one last farewell.

73, Jeff/David