[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1RWY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, whereisjay@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1RWY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 22:10:55 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  141    39  Total Score = 8,892

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First real effort from Arizona.  Amazing location to work VHF.  A small array
30' is clear for the whole greater Phoenix area.   Bouncing signals off
mountains for 1296 is something this native Mainer wasn't use to doing.  EME and
MS helped the multis on 2m for sure.  Several 1000 mile scatter qsos on 2m.
Lack of 6M opening kept me hunting on the higher bands and working the rocks.
Working K5QE on both meteor scatter & EME was the thrill of the contests
(realizing only one Q counted for score) but to do it in a 12 hour period was
exciting for my new station out here.   Lack of 222 hurt me slightly, and 6M was
deaf.  Always something to work on.  Good times in the desert!  Thanks to all
the rovers for keeping me motivated.