[3830] CQ160 CW MM3AWD Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW MM3AWD Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:46:55 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Old Deer (Home QTH)
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 300  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 44  Total Score = 72,709

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

I was determined to have a good go at this one.
Original plans to operate from the contest QTH with 4 Square and multiple RX
Beverages were destroyed due to weather. Hard ice on the ground and strong winds
meant i couldnt get what i wanted.

So i operated from home with what can be said a real makeshift antenna. A
Marconi T which wasnt really a T shape.. more like and L on its side.
I didnt really expect it to perform as it was only at a maximum 25 feet up.
But boy was i wrong.
QRP is tough on 160 in any case, but after 3 hours i had beaten the current GM
QRP record and had just under 200 Q's with 35 DXCC and 2 NA in the log.
I kept going till around 0630z and decided that was enough for the night. went
to bed and slept like a baby.

Second day the band took a long while to open with me and it was a struggle to
get Q's in the log.
only managed to get 56 in before calling it quits at 0040z..

Lots of fun and great to catch many friends on 160.

I make sincere apologies to anyone who called me while i was attempting to run
and i didnt respond. I had a consistent s8 noise level which did rise further
into the night for some strange reason.

Thanks everyone for the Q's and good luck.

See you in the next one

 Band     QSOs     Pts  StP  DXC  Pt/Q
   1.8     300    1547    3   44   5.2
 Total     300    1547    3   44   5.2