[3830] CQ160 CW K2AV Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K2AV Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 22:27:33 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17.6

Total:  QSOs = 1022  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 60  Total Score = 414,834

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Did a stupid lift day after Christmas and tore a muscle in right side. Pretty
much hobbled me for a month. Didn't get the SAL-30 RX antenna installed. At
first couldn't bear to sit at rig more than about 10 minutes, and sure couldn't
handle a chain saw to clean out the junk trees at RX site.

But healed enough by contest day to sit, at least.

Had to miss evening prime time both Friday and Saturday due to company in town
for grandson's surprise 21st birthday part (was a blast with the mob in town).
But incredible Friday opening into EU all night made up a lot of ground after
company settled.

I sure could have used that SAL-30. I'm wondering if my stupid lift muffed my
opportunity for the greatest 160m opening into Europe for this century. We'll
see. I sure hope the rest of solar minimum has more like that.

Missed AK. Personal best in this contest, by far.

Rig K3+Alpha 8410
Antenna TX: Inv L over FCP
        RX: none (!!!)

73, Guy